Netherwing PTE Atlantiss | Blizzlike Progressive
- Netherwing is the Burning Crusade realm. WOTLK and Cata realms will be named differently. If you want to talk about the whole project, refer to it as "PTE".
- Netherwing is using a mix of open source cores as base, although we have already updated most of it. The code was really old and had very low functionality, we have cleaned it up and ported lots of stuff from Acore and it's currently in a pretty good shape for scripting.
- WOTLK realm, as we previously stated, will use SunwellCore (adjusted to Acore) as base. We'll also port our TBC scripts where it's necessary.
- Cataclysm realm will be of course using Acore as base (same as Dragonwrath) and we'll gradually port TBC and WOTLK scripts to both realms.
- All realms will be Blizzlike x1 with no custom stuff (an exception might be made for small custom events)
- You will have an opportunity to copy all of your characters for free when the next expansion launches. Previous expansions realms will not be deleted, in case you want to stay there. It might be removed, however, if the population is too low and the costs for keeping the server running prove to be to high.
In terms of Netherwing itself:
- All core mechanics, spells, etc. will be scripted according to 2.4.3 patch. For example, You will be able to purchase your first mount on level 30, instead of level 40.
- Dungeons and Raids will NOT be customly tuned to previous patches. If a dungeon or raid had a nerf during TBC, it will be nerfed on Netherwing and working according to patch 2.4.3. Although we won't change anything in terms of mechanics or spells, there is a very small possibility, that we might slightly modify health or damage of a certain boss to make the fight just a bit more challenging. If we ever decide to do that, players will be notified of that, but as I stated in the last sentence, it's very unlikelywe'll do that.
- At launch, only T4 content will be available. All quests and npcs from future patches (for example Shattered Sun npcs in Shattrath) will be removed. Isle of Quel'Danas will be closed and unreachable as well.
- Future content will be introduced depending on how well the raids progress. We hope to do it in intervals that won't make veterans feel bored and casual players rush to experience it all.
- Dynamic creature respawn system has already been implemented to help cope with large numbers of players in leveling areas.
- It is highly possible, that Burning Crusade content will not be available for a few weeks after the server launches, to provide equal opportunity for everybody to enter Hellfire Peninsula as level 60.
- In terms of priorities - TBC content is of utmost importance. We plan to script all classic dungeons for easier leveling and as many vanilla raids as possible, but Netherwing launch will NOT be postponed because of them
- Closed tests are happening right now. Open tests launch date is not yet determined, but we hope to do them as soon as possible.
- We hope to launch Netherwing this year, but we will do so only if its quality is satisfactory.
I am personally in charge of the project's technical aspect, and while I cannot guarantee that it will be a bugfree, 1:1 copy of Blizzard's WoW (due to limits and nature of private servers), I can assure you, that the attention to detail will amaze you. Outland will be extremely polished. It will be an epic journey, where you'll see working events and details you didn't even know existed, and you'll experience immersion level unavailable on any other Burning Crusader private server.
We are offering a unique Blizzlike experience you always wished for on a private servers. You will finally be able to experience TBC, WOTLK and Cataclysm content with the same characters and on the expansions it was created for. From level 1 to 70, 80, 85, you will take part in World of Warcraft story the way Blizzard intended. It may be impossible to bridge the gap between retail and private servers, but we'' surely try.
Na razie to tyle. Będę się starał dodawać jak coś więcej się pojawi.